Daniel Perry is a highly experienced attorney specializing in estate planning, tax, and business law. He’s licensed to practice in Ohio, Kentucky, and Tennessee.
His estate planning experience includes handling matters related to representing executors, trustees, beneficiaries, and clients in probate and estate administration matters, including trust administration, preparing estate tax returns, and decedent income tax returns. Additionally, Daniel has provided counsel on complex corporate taxation issues, private equity transactions, and a range of strategies for Medicaid planning to maximize the protection of non-exempt assets. For his business law clients, he’s counseled them on corporate transactions such as M&A, joint venture formation, stock offerings, limited partnerships, and notes.
Daniel graduated from University of Dayton School of Law. He lives in Northern Kentucky with his wife, Catherine, their three children, and their family dog.
- Associate of Arts from Holy Cross College (2003)
- Bachelor of Arts from Purdue University (2006)
- Juris Doctor from the University of Dayton School of Law (2011)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association Attorney Grievance Committee Member
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Representing clients throughout Ohio, Kentucky, and Tennessee
- Representing executors, trustees, and beneficiaries in probate and estate administration matters, including trust administration, preparation of estate tax returns, and decedent income tax returns, as well as prosecuting and defending will contests, probate and trust litigation matters.
- Advising clients regarding estate planning strategies including revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, QTIP trusts, supplemental needs trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, charitable remainder trusts, private foundations, family limited partnerships, LLCs, corporations, last will and testaments, living wills, durable power of attorneys, and healthcare powers of attorney.
- Providing counsel to clients regarding tax minimization strategies and techniques.
- Advising clients regarding Medicaid planning issues including advisability and implementation of Irrevocable Medicaid Trusts and Qualified Income Trusts to maximize the protection of non-exempt assets.
- Preparation of individual and corporate income tax returns, retirement tax planning, income tax planning, FBAR compliance, international tax matters, and corporate accounting matters.
- Advising closely held companies and privately held companies regarding corporate transactions including M&A, joint venture formation, stock offerings, limited partnerships, notes, and securities transactions.
- Advising and counseling private equity transactions including private equity, capital fund, and real estate investment fund formation and structuring.
- Advising and counseling clients on complex corporate taxation issues, including domestic and international tax issues involving hedge fund, private equity, and venture capital transactions.