It is possible to negotiate clinical research contracts in order to minimize risk to the principal investigator and the clinical research site. Attorney Orly Rumberg advises her clients to negotiate a clinical research agreement in order to:
– Avoid personal liability for the principal investigator
– Eliminate or restrict indemnification obligations
– Address sponsor responsibility for study subject injury
– Narrow non-competition language
– Minimize data retention requirements
– Narrow data protection requirements
If you are a clinical research professional and would like to chat with Orly, send her an email at ORRumberg@woodlamping.com.