Tom Breed focuses his practice on representing individual clients in the areas of estate and retirement planning, probate and trust administration, special needs trusts, estate and gift taxation, business formation and succession planning. Tom often counsels his clients over a span of years as they plan to meet the challenges of ever-changing personal and family situations. He has been assisting clients with all aspects of Estate Planning and Probate Law for more than thirty years.
Tom is an OSBA Board Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law. Tom has presented at numerous seminars on a wide variety of topics in Estate Planning & Estate Taxes and has been selected by his peers for inclusion in Ohio Super Lawyers® from 2006 to 2019. Tom was recognized as “Best in Client Satisfaction in Estate Planning” in the October 2008 edition of Cincinnati Magazine. He chairs the Trusts and Estate Practice Area at Wood + Lamping.
Tom was the first coordinator of the Mt. St. Joseph University Paralegal Program and served on the Paralegal Advisory Board for over 25 years. He was a twenty-five year Board member and past Chair for the Ohio Valley Chapter of the Multiple Sclerosis Society. He enjoys playing tennis and cheering on the IU basketball team.
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association – Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section
- Cincinnati Bar Association – Estate Planning and Probate Committee, Past Chair
- Cincinnati Estate Planning Council – Past Trustee
- Advanced Estate Planning Institute – Past Chair, Lecturer
- Indiana University B.A., 1971
- Indiana University College of Law J.D., 1974