William is an experienced transactional attorney whose practice concentrates on general business matters, mergers and acquisitions, real estate, financing transactions, taxation of individuals and business entities, business succession planning, and estate planning.
In his practice, William routinely counsels business clients from a wide variety of industries, including real estate, transportation, construction, manufacturing, private equity, and professional services. William also advises clients on a variety of estate planning matters, including tax planning in connection with federal income, estate, and gift tax. William has considerable experience representing clients before various taxing authorities such as the Internal Revenue Service, IRS Office of Appeals, and Ohio Department of Taxation.
William lives in Montgomery with his wife, Barbara, and their two children.
- Representation of a private investment firm in the acquisition of a leading designer and producer of running boards, door sills, bed rails, and other automotive accessories to automotive original equipment manufacturers
- Representation of a sponsor in the formation and offering of membership interests in three private equity funds focused on acquiring existing shopping centers throughout the Eastern half of the United States
- Representation of the shareholders of a Midwestern-based distributor of fluid and motion control systems in the sale of stock to a national distributor, designer, and assembler of hydraulic, pneumatic, and electronic controls
- Representation of the equity owners of the largest indoor family entertainment centers in the country in a financing and recapitalization transaction
- Representation of the predominant provider of automotive fasteners in North America in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a private equity firm
- Representation of the largest independently owned welding and industrial products wholesaler in an all-cash sale of the company to a national wholesale distributor
- Representation of the sole shareholder of a leading manufacturer of asphalt pavement, roofing, and industrial coatings sealants in the sale of stock to an Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Representation of the sole member of a national, independent provider of outsourced services to home equity lenders in the sale of all outstanding equity to a leading independent provider of residential real estate appraisals and related services
- Making an Offer to the IRS: How to Compromise Delinquent Taxes, Cincinnati Bar Association Report (April 2004)
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, LL.M. Taxation, 1999
- University of Cincinnati, J.D., 1997
- Ohio University, B.A., 1993
- 2006 – 2009 Ohio Rising Star (Business/Corporate)