Claire is part of Wood + Lamping’s Litigation and Local Government practice areas. She has guided clients through litigation defense-oriented matters on Ohio and Kentucky’s state and federal levels for over thirteen years. Claire’s practice also includes extensive experience representing school boards and other public entities and handling administrative, municipal, and employment law.
Claire also speaks extensively at events and conferences, educating and advocating for mindfulness and compassion in the legal profession and beyond. As she conducts her practice, she focuses on the next generation of lawyers, mentoring young attorneys and fostering the well-being of her colleagues. She is the author of the forthcoming book, How to Be a Badass Lawyer: The Unexpected and Simple Guide to Less Stress and Greater Personal Development Through Mindfulness and Compassion, and a children’s book expected to be published in 2023.
Claire lives in Northern Kentucky with her husband and two daughters, and in her spare time, you can find her cooking and putting her Peloton to good use.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member, Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel – November 2021 – Present Board Member, Kentucky Educational Television Regional Foundation Board, October 2019 – Present
- Board Member, Northern Kentucky Education Council, 2018 – Present
- Member, Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Leadership Northern Kentucky Class of 2015
- Member, Northern Kentucky Bar Association Women Lawyers Section, 2008 – Present
- Member, Kentucky School Board Associations Council of School Attorneys, 2010 – Present
- Member, Defense Research Institute, 2013 – Present
- Member, Kentucky Defense Counsel, Inc., 2013 – Present
- Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, Women’s Initiative