Claire is part of Wood + Lamping’s Labor and Employment Law, Litigation, and Local Government practice areas. She has guided clients through litigation defense-oriented matters on Ohio and Kentucky’s state and federal levels for nearly fifteen years. Claire’s practice also includes extensive experience representing school boards and other public entities and handling administrative, municipal, employment law, and collective bargaining matters.
Claire also regularly advises on day-to-day personnel issues to help clients balance the interests of positive employee relations, and risk and liability management. She is SHRM-CP certified and has litigated employment-related claims and handled complaints before federal and state agencies. Given her litigation background, Claire is able to offer calm and confident counsel to clients to avoid and resolve disputes but she is prepared to defend them when necessary.
Outside of law practice, Claire is an active and recognized community and bar leader. She speaks extensively at events and conferences, educating and advocating for mindfulness and compassion in the legal profession and beyond. As she conducts her practice, she focuses on the next generation of lawyers, mentoring young attorneys and fostering the well-being of her colleagues. She is the author of the book, How to Be a Badass Lawyer: The Unexpected and Simple Guide to Less Stress and Greater Personal Development Through Mindfulness and Compassion, and a children’s book, Mommy Needs a Minute.
Claire lives in Northern Kentucky with her husband and two daughters, and in her spare time, you can find her cooking and putting her Peloton to good use.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Cincinnati Bar Association
- Member, Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel – November 2021 – Present
- Board Member, Kentucky Educational Television Regional Foundation Board, October 2019 – Present
- Board Member, Northern Kentucky Education Council, 2018 – Present
- Member, Kentucky School Board Associations Council of School Attorneys, 2010 – Present
- Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, Women’s Initiative
- Member, Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Leadership Northern Kentucky Class of 2015
- Northern Kentucky SHRM, Board Member